Important Information for Parents regarding the safe return to school :
Glenmore NS will reopen for Junior Infants, Senior Infants, and 1st and 2nd classes on Monday 1st March.
3rd, 4th 5th and 6th class will continue to be taught remotely, with these classes hopefully returning to school on Monday March 15th.
For those children returning to school on Monday next, March 1st, parents please note the following:
- Return to school form (attached) must be filled in and returned to school with your child or by email. This must be completed before Sunday 28th February.
- Do not send your child to school if they have ANY symptoms of Covid 19, have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or in contact with a positive case of Covid 19 in the past 14 days.
- Sanitise all items in your child’s school bag, books, lunch boxes, pencils etc, before they return to school.
- Keep school uniform & tracksuit for school only.
- Congregating outside the school is discouraged, please adhere to 2 metre social distancing at drop off and collection times. Drop your child off to school and leave immediately.
- Parents/Guardians must wear a face covering at drop off and collection times.
- Your child must go to their play area on arrival to school. On wet mornings, your child must go straight to their classroom.
- Sanitise your child’s hands before they enter the school grounds each morning and again as they are leaving the school grounds in the evening.
- Home time for infants is 1.40 pm, home time for 1st & 2nd class is 2.30pm
- School bus will run as normal. Please adhere to health & safety rules on the bus.
- No admittance to the school grounds for ANY REASON without a prior appointment. Please respect this.
- Appointments can be made by phoning or emailing the secretary or your child’s class teacher.
If you have any questions or queries about the return to school, please contact us.
Looking forward to welcoming all the pupils back, albeit in a phased manner.